Breese Motor Sales, Inc. was founded
in 1913 by Will Jasper and Louis Vander Pluym. The original
location is the current site of the Breese Ambulance
Service. Will Jasper moved the business to 630 North Fourth
Street a year later, that’s the picture you see here. In
1914 a contract to sell and service Ford vehicles was signed
with Ford Motor Company. On January 1, 1936, two employees,
Elmer Furtwengler and Lewis Dorries, purchased the business.
Lewis Dorries became the sole owner in 1951. The Mercury
franchise was awarded in 1955. In 1964, Lewis Dorries's son,
Clyde, joined the business. Breese Motor Sales moved to its
current location at 101 North Fourth Street and Mater Dei
Drive in 1967. Clyde and Pat Dorries became owners of the
dealership in 1977. A son of the Dorries', Christopher, has
become the fourth generation of the family to become
involved in the management of Breese Motor Sales.
Breese Motor Sales moved out of this building it was used
for several years as an auction site and Arrow group
Industries used this building to house it’s panel center.
The building was razed and replaced with another.